25 November 2010

Haiku 322-329

Phone and Internet service have at last been restored, for which, on this fourth Thursday in November, I am truly thankful. Now I can go back to bitching about how slow my computer is.

Haiku 329
(for Thanksgiving Day)
and for all the birds --
soaring, singing, edible --
we humbly thank Thee

*******

Haiku 328
unseasonable
chorus of chirping crickets
now silenced by frost

*******

Haiku 327
Why was I angry.
Rain patters on the pavement.
I don't remember.

*******

Haiku 326
a self-absorbed man
leans on the wall, playing jazz
commuters rush by

*******

Haiku 325
why do we resist
certain messages sent us
by cold wind and rain

*******

Haiku 324
a second rain falls
as breezes shake the silver
from the curling leaves

*******

Haiku 323
OK, so no phone
but now I've lost DSL
AT&T sucks!

*******

Haiku 322
fallen leaves scattered
scarlet on a gray sidewalk
birds scattered in flight

No comments: