22 August 2006

Bayreuth 9

No one has yet come up for the computer, unusually enough, so I'll go on a bit more. Tonight I took special notice of the colors of the Festspielhaus lobby: the bottom half of the walls is a dull plum that in some lights looks like a worn chocolatey brown; then come some alternating stripes of differing thickness in cream and very light turquoise; and the top part of the wall is a warm ochre. It all looks very harmonious and very much of its late nineteenth century time.

1 comment:

Patrick J. Vaz said...

I just tried to leave a comment and failed. Twice. No wonder nobody comments!
I don't know if they're fresh from the vine, but they have tomatoes and cucumbers at breakfast, which is the closest to vegetables I've had all trip. Lots of fruit though.
And I believe that's your favorite catalogue.
The clothing descriptions are all for you, of course.