08 May 2007

once more unto the breach

I had hoped to post a few more times before I continue my Nathan Gunn Tour of America by going to Pittsburgh, but the lingering headcold (or maybe it's just allergies by now?) among other things held me up. After Billy Budd I'm heading down to DC for further artistic adventures. Since I have not had a trouble-free flight in about three years (among the highlights: ten hour layovers in Dallas, lost luggage, crushed knees, canceled flights, reserved taxis that never show up), I'm hoping the odds are going back in my favor. Back in a few (like a week and a half) with more unrealistic expectations. . . .

3 comments:

Civic Center said...

Oh, dear. I just read the news over at La Cieca:

Interesting choice of words in this PlaybillArts headline:

"Nathan Gunn Pulls Out of Billy Budd in Pittsburgh"

Hope you are mopping Mr. Gunn's feverish brow at this very moment and restoring him back to health. If not, I certainly pray that you have some other reason to be in Pittsburgh besides Nathan Gunn in "Billy Budd."

vicmarcam said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope that the rest of the trip makes up for this big disappointment.

Shawn Ying said...

How was the replacement? Don't remember much about his singing. It is unfortunate that Gunn was sick, but I certain hope that it provides good replacement that make the whole thing go even better. Too bad they did not replac Gunn with Maltman.